Finding an insole for a flat foot and fallen arches can sometimes take some trial and error to figure out what one will work for you. Am I supposed to be getting the foam inserts that have more of a cushion? Should I stick with the firm inserts instead? These are all questions that people consider when they are looking for the best shoe insole for flat feet.
Many people simply have flat feet straight from birth, while others have arches that have just started to sag over time. People with flat feet will often state they have a lot of foot pain and pronation.
Sometimes stretching and foot strengthening can help to relieve the pain caused by flat feet, but a lot of the time, finding a proper shoe insole or orthotic insole in your shoes can go a long way in preventing pain over the long term.
Finding the perfect insoles that work for you isn’t always easy. You’ll need to figure out if your flat feet or more flexible or rigid. If yours are rigid, then you’ll most likely want to go with low arch insoles. If you have an arch when you’re sitting down, then you have flexible flat feet and you should be going with medium arch insoles.
Spenco Total Support Max Insoles – Best for Males – 5/5
The Spenco Total Support Max Insoles are the best choice for males that have overpronation. These insoles help to provide a more natural and fluid gait. They provide great support for your foot and don’t artificially create a super high arch. That makes for a more comfortable day-to-day experience.
There is also cushioning in the heel area that will prevent shock from being felt. If you deal with pain in your heal or plantar fasciitis, these are the insoles to go with.
- Great cushioning
- Good shock absorption
- You might have to trim them a bit
- Spenco rigid arch-support insoles for stability
- For athletes looking for rigid support
- Improves motion control to reduce over-pronation
- Advanced support for the arch and heel
Walk-Hero Arch Support Feet Orthotic Insoles – Amazon Best-Seller – 5/5
The Walk-Hero Arch Support Feet Orthotic Insoles have received a tremendous number of positive reviews. They provide good support for the heel and arch and are available in many different options and colors.
- Lots of support
- LASTING COMFORT - arch support improves foot and leg alignment, enhances comfort, and helps ease stress and uncomfortable caused by flat feet (Pronation), bunions, arthritis,good for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain & heel spurs), Achilles Tendonitis
- DEEP HEEL CUP- to maintain correct foot positioning.protects your heel during the heavy impact of landing during walking or running and stabilizes the foot.
- PREMIUM EVA MATERIAL - It is excellent for shock absorption and foot fatigue,The fabric also helps keep your feel cool
- DESIGNED FOR EVERYDAY USE - Provides moderate control and support in walking or casual hiking shoes, work shoes and boots.Comfort and cushioning for all types of leisure or everyday footwear
- RISK FREE - IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR INSOLES ,PLEASE BE SURE TO CONTACT WALKHERO CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH YOUR ORDER NUMBER BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN OUR RETURN POLICY ,WE WILL OFFER A REASONABLE AND ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION TO MAKE IT UP FOR YOU FRIENDLY REMINDER: WalkHero insoles are packed in resealable ziplock bag, Free to open and seal, please kindly keep the package intact before return. To avoid Amazon refuse your return request due to packaging damage, Please DO NOT use scissors to open it
Powerstep Pinnacle Pink Maxx Cushion Insole – Best Insole for Women – 5/5
The Powerstep Pinnacle Pink Maxx Cushion insole is the best insole for women that have flat feet. It provides a lot of support, cushioning, and control. The flexible shell that it comes in provides a lot of stabilization for your feet while keeping also giving shock-absorbent to your heel.
The overall design of these insoles is an encapsulated one that will have your arches thanking you for making the purchases. The heel cradle gives you a good range of motion, and the insoles also have an antimicrobial outer layer that’s made from polyester. This results in an odor-free experience that also keeps heat and friction to a minimum.
- Lots of support
- FULL-LENGTH TOTAL SUPPORT: Powerstep Pinnacle Pink orthotic shoe insoles offer the perfect blend of foot support, control and cushioning. The encapsulated design has a flexible shell, plush top layer, arch support and deep heel cradle for motion control.
- MAXIMUM CUSHIONING: Pinnacle Pink full-length shoe insoles have dual-layer cushioning with a durable EVA foam base. PORON cushioning and VCT Variable Cushioning Technology provide targeted and controlled cushioning for enhanced comfort.
- DESIGNED FOR COMFORT: The anti-microbial polyester top fabric keeps your feet comfortable, healthy and dry by reducing friction and heat while performing strenuous activity throughout your day.
- FOR EVERY SHOE: Maintain stability, support and alleviate foot pain wherever you go. Simply transfer the Powerstep Pinnacle Pink from one pair of casual, athletic or work shoes to another with no trimming necessary.
- PODIATRIST DESIGNED: Powerstep Pinnacle Pink orthotic insoles are recommended by podiatrists to prevent and alleviate foot pain associated with plantar fasciitis, metatarsal pain, heel/arch pain, mild-moderate pronation, and other common foot conditions.
PCSsole Orthotic – Great for Runners – 5/5
PCSsole insoles were specifically designed with runners in mind. Because of that, they are built to be tremendously durable and resistant to whatever you throw their way. They aren’t super expensive, either, and many therapists and people that have used them for a long time recommend these running insoles.
The EVA foam in these insoles is a little thicker than some on the market, and that’s what makes them such a good support insole for running. The medium arch will help people that have flat feet, overpronation, Morton’s neuroma, heel pain, and just overall foot pain.
- Low arch
- Some may find that it doesn’t have enough cushioning
- ※FlAT FEET: Medical grade Orthotic Inserts For common foot pain, arch pain, heel pain, ankle Pain,plantar fasciitis and over Pronation.
- ※3CM ARCH SUPPORT: Rigid arch support distributes and minimize pressure in the foot .DEEP HEEL CRADLE keep the foot bone vertical enhancing stability.CUSHINOING EVA built in inserts for added shock absorption.
- ※ALL DAY COMFORT MATERIAL :Durable EVA foam base and multi-layer cushion provide long-lasting support and comfort while walking, running and hiking. The fabric also helps keep your feet cool by sucking up all the sweat and moisture produced by your feet.
- ※FIT MOST FOOTWEAR:Easily movable from shoe to shoe. For mans and women, such as running shoes, work boots, sneakers, street shoes, slipper and so on.
- ※SIZE SELECTION AND QUALITY GURANTEE:Choose an insole based on your old insole and our insoles are cuttable. CONTACT US IF YOU NEED TO KNOW MORE.
Superfeet Unisex Insoles – Best For Standing For Long Periods – 4/5
If you’re standing for long periods, the Superfeet Unisex insoles are the ones to go with. They are built with a lower profile than some of the other insoles out there and provide a great deal of support to your ankles, feet, and even your knees.
They come with a heel cup that increases the support you experience when you’re shifting around while wearing your shoes. They have a nice foam cushioning that leaves your feet feeling good no matter how long you’re on them.
- Very supportive
- Fits in many shoes
- May take a while to break-in
- Cut to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoe; follow cutting instructions before use. If you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit
- High Arch & Wide, Deep Heel Cup: These orthotic insoles help stabilize and relieve stress on feet, ankles and back, and work with your body for maximum foot support
- Durable Orthotic Shoe Insoles: For reliable support and comfort for up to 12 months or 500 miles
- Odour Control: These arch support insoles have a coating to help with odours in your shoes
- Superfeet: Comfortable, durable, foam arch support shoe insoles for women and men
Smartsole – Satisfaction Guaranteed – 4/5
Everyone likes to see a satisfaction guarantee when purchasing a product, and with the Smartsole, you get exactly that. The Smartsole is another insole where the manufacturers had runners in mind when they were designing it.
If you’re not satisfied with these insoles in any way, you can get your money back, and not many companies provide that type of guarantee when it comes to insoles for your feet.
Smartsole insoles come with a medical-grade gel that provides the insole with a lot of support. As a result of that support, you’ll experience less fatigue and pressure on your feet, back, and knees. Many people use these insoles if they are wanting to prevent injuries from occurring.
Smartsoles are breathable and antimicrobial. They are perfect for those long rungs where your feet tend to get extremely hot.
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Medical-grade gel
- Might not feel as durable as some other insoles on the market
- Exercise Smarter - SmartSole Exercise Insoles for plantar fasciitis relief features arch support and a deep heel cup with a medical-grade gel cushion. Anti-fatigue cushioning provides heel pain relief, and maximum comfort for your feet, legs & lower back.
- Improve Performance & Prevent Injury - Our uniquely designed built-up arch support makes SmartSole extremely effective insoles for plantar fasciitis, flat feet, and shin splints relief. Reduce fatigue and relieve pressure on your joints & back.
- All-Day Energizing Support & Cushioning - All-day comfort in medical-grade orthotic insoles that fit easily in your sneakers, shoes, and boots. Designed with shock-absorbing cushioning that stabilizes your foot and redistributes the impact.
- Comfortable & Cool – Our insoles for plantar fasciitis relief feature an advanced breathable fabric that reduces heat and friction keeping your feet healthy, cool, comfortable, and dry. Durable nylon base adds support for running, walking & standing.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - If you're not totally satisfied with SmartSole Insoles for plantar fasciitis relief, let us know & we'll gladly refund or replace. Don’t let plantar fasciitis, flat feet or shin splints hold you back from going the extra mile!
It’s not always easy to find the best insole for flat feet. With so many different options on the market to choose from, it can easily create frustration when you’re wanting to just find a solution for your flat feet that can all too often cause pain.
As always, it’s best to write down a list of questions that you might have when looking for an insole. That way, you’ll know you have all your bases covered.