There are many dangers found on a construction site, from sharp objects like nails and metals to heavy items that can easily break a toe. That’s why it is so important to find a great construction boot made specifically for those working under these conditions. And if you are reading this, you are probably one of those people.
In this article, we took the time to pull together a line-up of the top 10 construction boots available online and in-stores today. We looked for quality options for a comfortable work boot that also provides protection and won’t give up on you when the going gets tough.
So, what are the best construction boots? Glad you asked. Here are the top 10 boots you should consider purchasing before entering the work zone.
1. Timberland PRO MaxTrax – Best Boot for Heavy-Duty Work
When you wear these Timberland boots to work, you not only keep your feet safe and comfortable. You’re also bound to get plenty of attention and compliments. This steel toe boot design is high-quality and stylish, and they make a great waterproof leather hiking boot, too.
- Waterproof leather
- Superior slip-resistant
- Steel toe protector
- Sizes run small
- Wears out quicker than other brands
2. Dewalt Flex Work Boot – Best Boot for Flexibility
The Dewalt Flex work boot is created by the same people who also make the tools used on the construction site every day. They know what dangers workers’ feet can face on the job and how to protect them. The secure steel toe box prevents painful impact, and the ergonomic arch support keeps you comfortable even when working overtime.
- Made in the USA
- Memory foam insert
- Electrical Hazard protection
- We couldn’t find any
3. Timberland PRO Boondock 6 Inch Electrical Composite Toe Work Boot – Editors Choice, Runner-Up
These Timberland boots are top-of-the-line, high-quality boots for anyone who is struggling through their workday. It doesn’t matter what you are looking for in your work boot; these Timberlands have it. They are comfortable, durable, and will protect your feet from any pain.
- Shock absorbing, anti-fatigue insoles
- Toe protection
- Anti-slip design
- Great look
- Not CSA approved
4. Caterpillar Excavator Lt 6″ Waterproof Construction Work Boot – Editor’s Choice
We hate having to stand on our feet all day long, and you probably do too. If you are someone who grins and bears it all day long when your feet feel like they have been crushed under a boulder, you should consider purchasing a pair of Caterpillar Excavators.
These boots offer you flexibility, stability, and support along with extreme comfort and waterproof material.
- Waterproof leather
- Provides ankle support
- Made in the USA
- Let us know if you find any
5. Caterpillar Men’s Second Shift Steel Toe Work Boot – Best Boot for Everyday Wear
These boots are great for the everyday worker. They are not super heavy-duty and lack extra features, but they are perfect for those who need a quality pair of work boots and don’t need anything fancy. These boots are well-crafted, look great, and are very durable.
These boots offer a sleek design that makes them a perfect match for any outfit whether you are going to work or out to dinner.
- Steel toe
- Oil resistant
- Padded ankle
- Comes in a variety of sizes and color
- They are a bit heavy
- They can make your feet sweat (mainly during hot summer months)
6. Irish Setter Ely 83608 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot – Best Boot for Long Days
This pair of Irish Setter Work Boots are the perfect product for anyone who spends the vast majority of the day on their feet. These boots are made from soft quality leather and offer extra ankle support with extra height.
- Meets electrical hazard safety standards
- PU V-Grip outsole for slip resistance
- Easy to get on and off
- Takes a while to get worn in
7. Carhartt Traditional Welt 6″ Steel Toe Work Boot Construction – Best Boot for Workplace Safety
These boots are highly rated. They have great style and can be used on most construction sites since they are ASTM certified for their safety steel toes and the electrical hazard design. They hold up well throughout the day and over time, we give these boots two thumbs up.
- ASTM certified
- Durable sole
- Not offered in extra wide
- Shoelaces may need replacing
8. Carhartt Tall CMW8200 8 Steel Toe Work Boot – Best Winter Work Boot
Do you live in an area where the snow can get deep in the winter? Well, these boots will keep your feet warm and comfortable, and they last a long time. This design uses rugged materials, and it comes in various sizes. They’re a go-to boot for anyone.
- Composite safety toe
- Built to last
- A little pricey
9. KEEN Utility Milwaukee 6″ Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot – Best Boot for Sweaty Feet
From the construction site to the great outdoors, these Keen Utility boots will keep your feet from throbbing even when your work hours stretch on. The boots are water-resistant and have odor-resistant technology built into the soles to break down sweat. This men’s work boot is a safe design for dangerous job sites.
- Odor eliminating technology
- Flexible construction
- Oil and water-resistant
- Wider build for more room
- Expensive boots
10. KEEN Utility Men’s Milwaukee 6″ Steel Toe Waterproof Work Boot – Best Boot for Foot Problems
If you suffer from foot issues such as plantar fasciitis or weak ankles, these boots are the solution you have been looking for. These Keen work boots eliminate extra weight and increase arch support and comfort. Whether you struggle with flat feet or arch issues, these are rugged, high-quality, and very comfortable.
- No need for break-in time
- Supportive footbed
- Super comfortable
- Most expensive boot on our list
- Tight fit, may need a ½ size up