Just because the cold winter months are rolling in doesn’t mean the workload stops. And there is nothing more uncomfortable than cold toes when you have so much to do during the day. That’s why we came up with a list of the top 7 Insulated winter boot options perfect for the cold weather.
So, if you are like us and want your feet to be warm and cozy, even if the rest of you is not, take a look at the best winter work boots on the market in 2021.
What Are the Best Insulated Work Boots for Winter?
Before we get into our list of best options for a winter work boot, we wanted to give you a run-down on what criteria we looked at to choose the perfect cold weather boots for keeping your feet warm during even the most brutal winters mother nature has to throw at us.
- Insulation- Well, you can’t have the best-insulated work boots without insulation right? We tracked down some of the best boots with amazing insulation while still allowing your feet to breathe.
- Waterproof – You can’t keep your feet warm when they are wet, so we looked for boots designed with waterproof lining.
- High-Quality– Most of these boots aren’t cheap, and you should get what you pay for. We picked top-brand boots that are constructed from good quality materials and made to last.
- Comfort- It is great having dry, warm feet during the day, but that is only a portion of relief when you are standing for long periods. We decided an important quality each boot needed was comfort in the soles, ankles, and toes.
Without further ado, let’s look at the list we have come up with of the best insulated work boots for winter and hopefully finds the next pair you will want to purchase.
1. Timberland PRO Direct Attach 8″ Insulated Work Boots – Editors Choice
This boot has won the award for editor’s choice because, well, these are awesome boots. It has everything you could want in a work boot during the winter months (or all year round). They are warm, comfortable, nice to look at, and offer a steel toe cap for extra safety.
- Steel toes with electrical hazard protection
- Thermolite insulation
- Sizing may be off (recommended you go up a size)
2. Carhartt Men’s 8″ Rugged Flex – Best Boot for All-Day Wear
Customers are raving about this soft-toed, insulated, and waterproof work boot. It has a great look and can easily be worn during the workday and well into the night, after a few rounds of snowball fights and even a night out. These boots are high-quality and made from a tried and trusted company dedicated to hard-working people.
- Great look
- Quality brand
- Soft toe
- It May be hard to get on
- It Will need to be waterproofed on average
3.WOLVERINE Men’s Overpass 6″ Composite Toe Waterproof Insulated Work Boot – Best Slip-Proof Boot for Ice and Snow
Many people are taken out during the winter thanks to slippery snow and slick ice patches, not with these boots. Wolverine has created a rugged pair of work boots that are slip-resistant to just about anything you happen upon, plus they are flexible and comfortable keeping your feet going during those long workdays.
- Removable Ortholite cushioned footbed
- Composite safety toe
- Premium waterproof leather
- Overpass Insulated
- It can be a bit pricey
4. Wolverine Men’s W04328 Tremor Boot – Best Boots for Farm Work
If you are someone relying on a hardworking boot to keep your feet dry and warm no matter how tall the snow measures up, these are the boots for you. They are well-insulated tall work boots with a moisture-managing mesh lining and shock-absorbing comfort compression padding. Need we say more?
- Shock absorbent
- Come in extra-wide sizes
- Sizes run small and tight
5. KEEN Utility Men’s Dover 8″ Composite Toe Waterproof Work Boot – Best Boot for All-Day Comfort
These boots were not only made for hard work but hard play too. Whether you are on a construction site or hiking mount Everest, these are the boots for you. Not only can you feel confident your feet will stay nice and warm all day long, but they are also so comfortable that you can still wiggle your toes once these babies come off.
- Made in the USA
- Waterproof and breathable membrane liner
- Underfoot protection
- Odor protection (your welcome)
6. Carhartt Men’s 10″ Waterproof Insulated PAC Composite Toe Boot – Best Boot for Extreme Cold
These Carhartt boots keep your feet dry while still allowing air to flow through the liner. They use 1000 LiteFire technology that will keep your feet warm during the most extreme cold. The heel guard on these boots provides excellent ankle stability and great heel protection.
Whether your goal is working in a shop on hard concrete floors all day long or snowmobiling on the weekend with friends, rest assured your feet will be warm (even if the rest of you is not)
- High tech insulation
- Wide variety of sizes
- Ankle stability
- Side impact protection
- Sturdy design
- Waterproof doesn’t last (will need recoating)
- Very expensive
7. Caterpillar Men’s Threshold Waterproof Steel Toe Industrial Boot – Best Boot on a Budget
These Caterpillar boots are cheap (compared to the competition) but still high-quality footwear. This 100% breathable leather boot provides waterproof protection, keeping your toes dry and your feet warm while you work.
These boots have a built-in steel toe cap for extra protection and offer a slip-resistant outer sole, keeping you protected from slippery ice and other substances that could otherwise be somewhat problematic.
- True to size
- They come in many different sizes
- Do not last as long as some of the other options
More winter work boots
These didn’t quite make the list but are also worth reviewing.